Monday 9 June 2014

Origins Haul

Firstly, and I feel like I say this every blog post, but I really do mean it this time - I am sorry for being the worst blogger in the entire world! Completing third year at University as well as writing for my University newspaper was a much bigger stress and time-eater than I thought. But both things are all over now (sob) and so my time is nice and free to write here again much more regularly! (Although apologies the photo quality isn't the best)

In my absence and to pull me out of my dissertation and essay writing depression, I have been making a lot of Boots trips, online orders and making lots of summer plans which I hope to share with you all! I have also watched a hell of a lot of online series (all 4 seasons of Pretty Little Liars in less than 2 weeks) - sorry not sorry.

One of my many online orders was from Origins, a skincare brand that was highly recommended to me by my housemate. I'll admit, I'm pretty much a skincare virgin as I am lucky enough to be blessed with very clear skin naturally. However, after hitting the big 2 1, I have realised this won't last forever and I need to be taking much better care of my skin after the heavy nights out of University and so I am a reformed cleansing and moisturising goddess. Now I'm probably preaching to the choir here as I'm pretty late to the party with Origins but I thought I'd let you in to my thoughts on what I picked up anyway!



The first thing I noticed, and absolutely loved, about my order was the incredible packaging! Everyone loves getting post and when I opened into my box of goodies I was not disappointed as it was a lucky dip of products buried beneath lots of confetti. I'd like to show you a photo of this but I was too excited, oops! Anyway here is what I got and what I think of it:

GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser, available here, £23.00 for 50ml


I'm sure you haven't escaped the mountains of reviews already in the bloggersphere about this range. I originally wanted to purchase the GinZing eye cream but the shimmeryness put me off and so I bought the all over face moisturiser instead, after being unhappy with my current no.7 badboy, and I am so glad I did! This product promises to 'instantly hydrate and rev up radiance' and give a 'healthy vibrant glow'. It's a lightweight, gel like consistency that smells divine. If you're like me and the urge to slather all over your face is irresistible, trust me when I say the smallest dab on each cheek and forehead will absolutely do. This moisturiser is perfect for the upcoming summer as it sinks in so quickly and provides the perfect base for make up application. However, my skin can be very dry and so some days I use this moisturiser in addition to another more heavy one as well as using more intensive night creams so bear this in mind. This is a hefty price tag, which I was unsure of paying but I'm sure this will last me yeeeears! Definitely give this a try ladies, the perfect summer moisturiser that deserves its hype.

Clear Improvement (Travel Pods), available here, £8.00 for 4 pods


I have heard such amazing things about Origins face masks that I absolutely had to get my hands on some, given my love of face masks in general. There is nothing better than putting on some telly in the evening and having a pamper sesh! However, as I mentioned my skin is pretty clear 90% of the time and so I didn't want to commit £22 to a full size bottle of this as I didn't think I would get the use out of it. So step forward these mini travel pods! This is such a reasonable price for the amount you get as each pod will most likely serve you more than once, as this is mainly meant for problem areas such as cheeks and the T zone rather than necessarily all over the face. I have actually yet to try this as my skin is okay at the moment, so I'll get back to you on my thoughts on this. Have you all tried it?

Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, available here, £22 for 100ml




Now this is a mask I thought I could get on board with and could really improve the condition of my skin which can be prone to dry patches. I have been using this twice a week since I got it, applying a layer before bed after cleansing instead of my usual night cream. The cream comes out thick but once applied rubs in clear and much like any other night cream, as opposed to a mask, except it doesn't sink in as quickly. The product smells so distinct and fresh and even though I am quite a pillow face-planter, this product somehow doesn't transfer so well done Origins. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels so hydrated, refreshed and baby smooth, like its had a little overnight facial which I love. Like all Origins products, it is a little on the expensive side but again will last you so many applications. Origins also send you a tester and you can send the full size bottle back for free if you decide you don't like it and get a full refund. Obviously this will never happen as you will fall in love with the product and so this is an excellent little marketing ploy by the sneaky, sneaky devils at Origins. I gave the tester to my mum because I'm kind like that and now she wants the full size bottle too for her birthday! To my dry skin beauties out there, grab a bottle of this and you can thank me later.

Finally, and in my opinion the most beautiful aspect of Origins and particularly their own website as the products can be found elsewhere like Boots, are the delicious freebies that come when you spend over certain amounts, as well as the free delivery. I got another travel size bottle of the Drink Up Overnight Mask which suits me as I absolutely love it and can't wait to take it away on holiday!


I also got...

Plantscription Anti-Aging Cleanser, available here, £25 for 100ml



At first I wasn't overjoyed at my choice of freebie as anti-aging isn't particularly on my mind at 21 and being the biggest baby face I know. Plus I wasn't a big fan of the packaging, but I gave this a whirl anyway. Gotta say I absolutely detract my early preconceptions about this product as it has fast become my favourite cleanser - making my Soap and Glory cleanser look positively amateur.



The cleanser is much thicker than others I have tried before and more cream-like but once rubbed into the skin thins out to remove my pesky under eye mascara traces instantly. It smelt really natural and left my skin feeling so deeply cleaned, like deep-down impurities had really been removed but without drying my skin out. A clean face is so important for effective moisturising so I am fast needing to purchase a full size bottle of this beauty, or potentially trying the GinZing cleanser, because the results have really spoken for themselves.

Overall and unsurprisingly, Origins have even surpassed my impossibly high expectations of their products given their rave reviews. Even for a skincare virgin such as myself, it is easy to see why these are the holy grail of many peoples skin regimes. If you haven't jumped on the Origins bandwagon, what are you waiting for?! Your wallet may hate you for a while but your face will love you and I know which I would rather keep on my side!

What are your thoughts on Origins? Which product should I try next? And link me to all of your lovely blogs - I'm always looking for more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment